DIGITAL PRODUCT OWNER
This position is available at a company in Rosebank, Johannesburg that builds design-driven software for web and mobile. They value collaboration and transparency, both with their employees and clients. They believe it’s not just about tech, it’s about people too – they aim to create great solutions by understanding the users and building lasting relationships.
The purpose of this role is to ensure exceptional product delivery to clients with the resources available, whilst ensuring that product being built will maximise the budget and reach multiple users. This role therefore entails a combination of both strategic and operational objectives, translating a client’s strategy into the practical elements of building an exceptional product.
The Role Entails
- It is critical that the role of a Product Owner is played by someone who has the right level of technical understanding of the systems that are being built, as it is their responsibility to guide the product direction for clients.
- Be the go-to person for the client from a technical perspective, answering and sharing all technical needs, queries and information from the team to the client and visa-versa. It is critical for the PO to facilitate a shared understanding between all stakeholders in the team.
- Facilitate a shared understanding between all stakeholders in the team. This includes ensuring that everyone who is involved in the product team understands fully what is being built and why.
- Be the person who looks at the bigger picture; constantly assess if everything is aligned to the project objectives.
- Facilitate effective communication with the team to ensure that the client’s vision/expectations of the product are fully understood by the product team. It is critical that the way the team creates flow, wireframes, designs, codes and even the analytics once a product has been deployed, is appropriately aligned with the client’s vision/expectation.
- The product building phase follows Agile product development processes which should enable the transformation of an abstract product idea into a valuable product for clients and users. During this phase, a PO is required to have deep knowledge of Agile, especially with regards to products and project management.
- Timeous and accurate weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting on the team operations to the COO.
- 4+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Keen eye for design
- Knowledge in backend development in Ruby on Rails or other tech stacks such as Python Django and PHP Laravel
- A relevant qualification will be advantageous
- Ability to work both autonomously, and in a small team to solve complex problems
- Team player and not afraid of a bit of hard work and fun with colleagues. Ability to listen and closely work with colleagues and incorporate any feedback
- Examining and Articulating information
- Great people skills and establishing rapport
- Detail orientated
- Team Work
- Pursuing Goals
- Meeting Deadlines
To submit your CV onto our database for future positions, please upload your CV and relevant information below.
Best Fit Human Resources (Pty) Ltd adhere to the POPI Act (Act No 4 of 2013)